SOME OF OUR MEMBER'S FAVORITE RECIPES
ALMOND FLOUR CRACKERS
1 cup Almond Flour (not Almond Meal)
3 T Water
1 T Ground Flaxseed
½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
½ tsp Flaked Sea Salt (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add almond flour, water, ground flaxseed and fine sea salt into a medium-sized bowl and stir together until the mixture turns into dough.
3. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cover with a second piece of parchment. Pat it out with your hands and then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. You’ll want the dough to get pretty thin…about 1/8” thick. Try to form the dough into a rectangular shape. It’s ok if it’s not perfect.
4. Once the dough is rolled out, remove the top sheet of parchment and sprinkle the flaked sea salt over the dough. Use your hands to help press the salt into the dough.
5. With the top sheet of parchment removed, use a pizza cutter or a knife to cut the dough into small 1” squares. If you’d like to get fancy, you can use a toothpick to create little holes in each cracker.
6. Move the parchment paper to a cookie sheet and bake the crackers for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. The outer edges will get brown faster than the center pieces so transfer them to a cooling rack and bake the remaining crackers until done.
7. Let the crackers cool completely on the baking sheet or on a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately after cooling or in airtight glass container.
RICED CAULIFLOWER MEDLEY FRITTATA
14 oz Package Earthbound Farm Cauliflower Medley
1 T Ghee OR Grass-fed Butter
4 slices Bacon
½ cup Onion, diced
½ cup Sliced Mushrooms
½ cup Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
6 Eggs, whisked with a fork
½ tsp Garlic Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1. Saute’ the Cauliflower Medley in the ghee or butter in a skillet until tender for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a glass 9x13 dish and broil for 3 minutes.
2. Cook the bacon in the skillet and set aside once cooked. Using the same skillet, saute’ the onions and mushrooms in the bacon grease.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
4. Turn off the heat and add the eggs just enough to mix it all together.
5. Pour over the Cauliflower Medley and put back under the broiler until the eggs are set and the top is browned, about 5 minutes.
*Options: Add cheese, peppers, or other meats of your choice.
EASY CHILI VERDE
2 Grass-fed Top Sirloin Steaks, cubed
2 lbs Grass-fed Hamburger Meat
1 ½ lb Tomatillos, husks removed
4 Poblano Peppers, seeded & chopped
1 Onion, peeled & sliced
6 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
2 Ghee (can use grass-fed butter), divided
4 cups Chicken or Beef Stock
1 tsp Pink Salt OR Sea Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 Jalapeno, seeded & chopped
1. Roast the poblano peppers over an open flame on a gas stove or grill. Use tongs to turn them so that they blacken all over. Once blackened, place the peppers in a bowl covered with a towel to allow the steam to help with peeling off the blackened skin.
2. Once you have peeled them and removed the seeds and stem, add them to a food processor or a blender.
3. Peel the tomatillos and rinse if sticky.
4. Cut the tomatillos in half and place them into a large bowl with the onion slices and garlic. Toss with 1 T melted ghee or grass-fed butter so that they are coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for an easy clean up.
5. Cook under the broiler for 10 minutes or more until they get a little toasted on top. Watch them closely so they don’t burn.
6. Add the broiled tomatillos, onions, and garlic to the food processor or blender with the peppers. Blend to make the sauce.
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
8. While the oven is warming, cut the steak into cubes. In a Dutch oven or large pot, brown the steak cubes and the hamburger meat in 1 T ghee or grass-fed butter.
9. Add the chili verde sauce, chicken broth, salt, pepper, chili powder and chopped jalapeno to the cooked meats in the Dutch oven or a large pot with a lid.
10. Cook in the oven covered for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
11. Serve with Siete chips.
4 oz Organic, Grass-fed Cream Cheese, softened
½ cup Soy-free Mayonnaise
1 T Dijon Mustard
1 T Bubbies Pickle OR Sauerkraut Juice
½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
8 oz White Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated & cold
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, grated & cold
4 oz Sliced Pimentos, drained
2 tsp Fresh or Dried Dill, chopped
1. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Bubbies’ juice, and black pepper and mix well with an electric mixer.
2. Add the cheddar, Mozzarella and mix gently until combined. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl so the ingredients mix together.
3. Stir in the pimentos and the dill.
4. Taste and mix in more of whatever you think it needs. Add more cheese if you like the pimento cheese to be less creamy; add less if you’d like it to be more creamy.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
6. Serve with grain-free crackers, on grain-free bread, in small hollowed-out peppers, with carrots, celery sticks and/or olives. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator.
Ginger Snap Crackers
1 cup Almond Flour
2 tsp Ground Ginger*
1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon*
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Pink Salt OR Sea Salt
¼ tsp Stevia Powder
*Spices can be adjusted to individual taste preferences.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the almond flour in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir together.
3. Add the egg and stir into the dry ingredients.
4. Using your hands, shape the mixture into a dough ball. Placing the ball on parchment paper, oil a piece of wax paper and place over the ball.
5. Press the ball down and roll out thinly using a rolling pin on top of the wax paper.
6. Try to make the ball into a rectangle and cut into 1” squares with a pizza cutter or a knife.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8. Once cooled, snap the baked slab into the score-sized crackers.
9. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight glass container.